[openssl-project] platforms

Tim Hudson tjh at cryptsoft.com
Tue Jan 9 07:49:36 UTC 2018

Given the discussion on PR#5035 it is time to split 10-main.conf into three
groups to match the platform policy and roadmap in my view.

10-primary
20-secondary
30-community
40-unknown
50-deprecated

Most of the current 10-main should move into 40-unknown - that is the
reality of our actual context.

See https://www.openssl.org/policies/platformpolicy.html for the policy and
https://www.openssl.org/policies/roadmap.html where we stated that this
would be completed by the next feature release (i.e. I think that was 1.1.0
at the time but even if we looked from the point of view of "now" that
would be 1.1.1). We missed that timeline.

There should be none of the existing 50-<target> items and I also think
90-team needs some work too - but that is separate from actually splitting
things out into the categories we have already defined.

Does anyone know what platform debug-erbridge is in 90-team?

I also think you need a platform "owner" or "contact" tag ...

Tim.