[openssl-project] platforms

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Tue Jan 9 12:12:56 UTC 2018

Speaking of platforms, I think we need to discuss what we actually
include in the secondary category.  The platform policy currently
mentions these:

   FreeBSD, Windows (Visual Studio, MinGW), MacOS X and VMS

For Windows and VMS, I know for sure that it follows our definition of
the secondary category (*), but for FreeBSD and MacOS X, I think we
may have lost the people who actively supported them (for FreeBSD,
that was Ben Laurie as far as I recall).

So I think we need a raise of hands, here and now:

1.  Is there anyone currently present on this list that want to take
    on FreeBSD or MacOS X?

2.  Is there anyone currently present on this list that actively
    supports a platform we haven't listed?

Please make yourself known.

Also, come to think of it, for the "owner" and "contact" idea, perhaps
the secondary category would be fitting...

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org