[openssl-project] Levchin prize

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Wed Jan 10 19:35:09 UTC 2018

In message <20180110.203232.1082744388269773061.levitte at openssl.org> on Wed, 10 Jan 2018 20:32:32 +0100 (CET), Richard Levitte <levitte at openssl.org> said:

levitte> In message <04233dcb-0cdd-037f-4dbd-094571a224b6 at openssl.org> on Wed, 10 Jan 2018 19:10:43 +0000, Matt Caswell <matt at openssl.org> said:
levitte>
levitte> matt> I've been in Zurich today to collect the Levchin prize on behalf of the
levitte> matt> team. I've put a draft blog post about it in the blog repo.
levitte> matt>
levitte> matt> Please let me have any comments ASAP!!! I plan to make this public in a
levitte> matt> couple of hours or so - I think it should go out today (the press
levitte> matt> release is already public). I'm also planning to send announcements
levitte> matt> pointing at the blog post to -users, -dev and -announce. If anyone
levitte> matt> objects please let me know.
levitte> matt>
levitte> matt> I'm particularly pleased with what it says on the trophy:
levitte> matt>
levitte> matt> "For dramatic improvements to the code quality of OpenSSL"
levitte>
levitte> +1 on the blog post

Something to be noted, though, is that the blog commit log goes to
openssl-omc only.  Should we change that?  That, or you should
probably attach the blog post to your next message, so everyone has a
chance to look.

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org