[openssl-project] update on sporadic test failures

Bernd Edlinger bernd.edlinger at hotmail.de
Fri Jan 12 18:15:15 UTC 2018

On 01/12/18 18:54, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 12:13:29PM -0600, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
>> I've been running 'make test' in a loop to try to reproduce the
>> sporadic failures that we've been seeing in the build farms.
>
> I want to remind you of github issue #4650, which might be
> related. For some reason debian-hurd seems to be very good at
> reproducing such issues.
>
> I'm also not sure why this is discussed here. Why is this for
> instance not in a github issue?

Yes, you are right, just one last message, in this thread...

I think this will give us some insight in the nature of the
problem.  Next will step will likely be a pull-request.

I continued testing with Richard's patch, but this time
I did this:

N=0; while strace -f -o test$N.trace make test TESTS=test_sslsigalgs V=1
 >test$N.log; do N=$((N+1)); done; echo count=$N
make[1]: *** [_tests] Error 1
make: *** [tests] Fehler 2
count=1140

This time something slightly different happened, a SIGPIPE here:
                  $indata = $self->process_packet(1, $indata);
                  $client_sock->syswrite($indata);
                  $ctr = 0;

which happens because the client exited already.

So I have the trace output showing what is going on when the
test fails.

Bernd.