[openssl-project] using the copyright script

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Thu Jan 18 09:19:44 UTC 2018

In message <8CEAB400-C0A9-4B9E-B4B0-5718407D56D3 at akamai.com> on Thu, 18 Jan 2018 02:31:01 +0000, "Salz, Rich" <rsalz at akamai.com> said:

rsalz> Before each release we should do something like this:
rsalz>
rsalz> ; git log '--since=2018-01-01' --name-only --oneline | xargs ./util/openssl-update-copyright
rsalz>
rsalz> make sense?

Nope.

rsalz> But I get funky output (try the log command piped through sort), any ideas?

That's because you do get one line commit logs mingled with the file
names.

Remember that 'git diff' is a porcelain command, i.e. it's geared for
humans, not for scripts.  For this kind of thing (like all scripting),
it's better (safer!) to go for the plumbing commands:

git diff-tree -r --name-only `git rev-list -1 --before=2018-01-01 HEAD`..HEAD \

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org