[openssl-project] Speaking of releases, did we finalize a release plan for 1.1.1?

Matt Caswell matt at openssl.org
Wed Jan 24 13:41:16 UTC 2018

On 24/01/18 13:10, Richard Levitte wrote:
> I can't seem to remember a final agreement...  last thing I remember
> is a disagreement of what "the last alpha" means in practice, and that
> I finally got Matt's point with having it being a feature freeze in
> practice.  But a final release plan, I can't remember one.
>
> Time to reiterate this, perhaps?

There was some debate around how many/how long the release cycles should
be. Part of the problem was that it is difficult to quantify the amount
of work required to close off old issues (assuming we go with my
proposed release criteria). That is the motivation for the work I have
been doing reviewing the issues (and now the PRs). I have been going
through them all and assigning a milestone to them. When I have
completed that work I will revive the discussion on release plan.