[openssl-project] Issues review

Matt Caswell matt at openssl.org
Wed Jan 24 17:06:23 UTC 2018

I have now also reviewed the PRs.

We currently have 144 PRs open:
PRs against 1.0.2: 6
PRs against 1.1.0: 7
PRs against 1.1.1: 55
PRs against 1.2.0: 9
PRs against Post 1.1.1: 63
PRs against Other: 2

I was quite strict about allocating PRs to a milestone. This might mean
that some of those decisions are controversial. Basically if a PR was
about adding a feature, and it wasn't directly TLSv1.3 related (which is
the stated primary objective for the release) then I put it against the
Post 1.1.1 milestone.

This does *not* mean that I think that a PR flagged as "Post 1.1.1"
shouldn't go into 1.1.1. It just means that it is not relevant as far as
the release criteria go - if it makes it into the release then great; if
it doesn't - well we're not going to hold up the release schedule for it.

If there are individual cases where you think a PR absolutely *MUST* go
into 1.1.1 for whatever reason (to the point that we should hold up the
release schedule for it) then we can argue that out on a case-by-case
basis and amend the milestones accordingly. Alternatively just make sure
you get it reviewed and committed before feature freeze.

Matt