[openssl-project] ghmerge problem

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Wed Jul 11 06:21:52 UTC 2018

In message <4e6348f6-e6a2-4b6c-8410-d83b4c945042 at default> on Tue, 10 Jul 2018 16:31:06 -0700 (PDT), Paul Dale <paul.dale at oracle.com> said:

paul.dale> I’m getting a problem during the rebuild stage where the
paul.dale> option –Qunused-arguments isn’t being recognised by gcc.
paul.dale>
paul.dale> I don’t see this option in the latest gcc documentation or
paul.dale> for the version I use (4.8.4). It looks like an option for
paul.dale> clang.
paul.dale>
paul.dale> Is this a problem with the configuration or with my build set up?

ghmerge uses 'opensslbuild' to rebuild.  If you have your own, you'll
have to take a closer look there.  The 'opensslbuild' that comes with
ghmerge only sets that option of $CC contains the string 'clang'...

I haven't tested, though...

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org