[openssl-project] Finishing up this release

Salz, Rich rsalz at akamai.com
Thu Jul 12 17:54:43 UTC 2018

We’re close to finishing the 1.1.1 release.  As we’ve said before, this is our next LTS release which means it will be supported for five years.

There are a few things we still need to do and we’re encouraging the community to help.  These include:

Address all the “1.1.1” open issues, found at https://github.com/openssl/openssl/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+milestone%3A1.1.1  Any input or advice is appreciated; particularly for issues reported by (or against) other projects.

No open 1.1.1 PR’s that are more than two weeks old.  If an issue or a PR affects other releases, then it can wait. You can see the PR’s at https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pulls, and adding feedback or code-review or other comments (particularly to the recent ones) will help.

No open Coverity issues.  You can find the public scan reports at https://scan.coverity.com/projects/openssl (you have to register first, we’ll approve anyone).  A PR to address issues, or an email pointing out which are false positives can help.

Clean builds in travis, Appveyor, and our run-checker script.  We are doing well with this.

We are planning on doing one last beta after the TLS 1.3 RFC is published.  There is little anyone can do about that, except to wait.

Thanks.