[openssl-project] master is broken?

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Tue Jul 24 18:00:01 UTC 2018

In message <EDC7C3AC-6986-46D8-A833-A02588B91231 at akamai.com> on Tue, 24 Jul 2018 17:50:50 +0000, "Salz, Rich" <rsalz at akamai.com> said:

rsalz>
rsalz> On 7/24/18, 1:42 PM, "Richard Levitte" <levitte at openssl.org> wrote:
rsalz>
rsalz>     Would you mind installing it?  The package is called
rsalz>     libcarp-always-perl on Debian and derivates, and if my RPM search fu
rsalz>     isn't entirely off, the corresponding RPM package is perl-Carp-Always
rsalz>
rsalz>     Or install with cpan...
rsalz>
rsalz> Okay.  Does this add a new dependency for openssl?  Maybe
rsalz> reconsider the approach --  Things seemed acceptable before the
rsalz> latest change.  Or maybe print STDERR ?

No, I'm asking you to install a module that can help us figure out the
problem, to be used temporarly.  I'm not making OpenSSL dependent on
Carp::Always.

rsalz> ; sudo cpan install perl-Carp-Always

Ah, I should have told you.  The correct invocation is:

    sudo cpan Carp::Always

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org