[openssl-project] stepping down from OMC

Emilia Käsper emilia at openssl.org
Fri Jun 8 19:56:42 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I'm leaving the project. This should come as no surprise. I've had little
to no time to work on OpenSSL lately, and I firmly believe that OpenSSL
should be driven by engineers that are actively engaged in the project and
writing code for it.

But also, I feel that OpenSSL has achieved the goals I set out to
contribute to when I joined the team: a healthy open-source community and a
transparent technical process. I'm happy to have contributed towards open
code review, and I'll remember drafting the first Committer Guidelines as a
special moment. And while I can't exactly say that I'm proud of the times
when we were putting out security fires on a monthly basis, a day in the
office is remarkably more boring now that it's been over a year since the
last high severity OpenSSL vulnerability =)

Good luck and good bye!

Emilia