[openssl-project] Beta release today

Matt Caswell matt at openssl.org
Wed Jun 20 10:32:42 UTC 2018

The build is currently not stable. We have a number of outstanding issues:

- external pyca tests are failing
- no-sm2 fails (see PR#6531)...I'm doing some more investigation on that
at the moment
- failures in test_internal_sm2. Bernd has been working on that and we
now have a fix that I just need to merge
- run-checker reported a failure in no-ec. This turns out to the be the
same problem as the no-sm2 failure
- run-checker reported a failure with asan. I think this is the same
issue as the test_internal_sm2 one above

The biggest blocker is the pyca one. We don't currently understand that
issue. I think we understand the resolution for the others.

With the above issues I don't think we're ready to release yet. Possibly
later today. Watch this space.