[openssl-project] Creating the OpenSSL_1_1_1-stable branch

Dr. Matthias St. Pierre Matthias.St.Pierre at ncp-e.com
Sat Jun 23 17:28:25 UTC 2018

Hi,

just a reminder: our release strategy still states that the OpenSSL_1_1_1-stable
branch will be created together with the first beta release.

 20th March 2018, beta release 1 (pre3)
   o OpenSSL_1_1_1-stable created (feature freeze)
   o master becomes basis for 1.1.2 or 1.2.0 (TBD)

The branching has been postponed a while ago in order to concentrate on
stabilizing the beta and fixing errors. I assume there is a silent agreement that
the branching will take place together with the final release? Does this decision
require an official OMC vote and shouldn't the release strategy be updated
accordingly?

Regards,
Matthias