[openssl-project] External contributors and the next release

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Wed Mar 7 07:47:43 UTC 2018

In message <51CF9902-32AF-4D08-82EC-6BCA04AF5A0E at akamai.com> on Wed, 7 Mar 2018 01:20:41 +0000, "Salz, Rich" <rsalz at akamai.com> said:

rsalz> I think we should make sure to set aside time to review as many
rsalz> of the non-project pull requests as possible. I think it is
rsalz> important to show a commitment to the larger community.

I agree.

rsalz> One way to do this is to say that we will extend the BETA date
rsalz> by a week, and in that week no new code from the team, only
rsalz> third-party existing pull requests will be considered

I like this idea.  +1

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org