[openssl-project] Entropy seeding the DRBG

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Tue May 8 18:24:19 UTC 2018

In message <FFA545EF-7618-49F3-9E7C-9EC62C2E98E0 at oracle.com> on Tue, 8 May 2018 12:26:59 -0400, Oracle <paul.dale at oracle.com> said:

paul.dale> I can conform that it is measured in bits per sample size
paul.dale> (in this case bytes).  The estimate is very low and this is
paul.dale> not a great source.

Note that this is on a fairly inactive machine, and it's not *one*
source, but rather the concatenation of diverse counters all at once
(700+ bytes worth of data each time).  Also, I've had other
suggestions from the folks on comp.os.vms that I'm gonna try as well
as time allows.

paul.dale> We can explore other options and I should be able to spare
paul.dale> some time over ICMC to assist.  I’m not well versed in VMS
paul.dale> though.

Unfortunately, I'm not present there...  But I would see no problem
having a conversation directly with you, by email or by video link.

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org