[openssl-project] build/test before merging

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk at mit.edu
Wed May 23 15:50:07 UTC 2018

On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 03:12:30PM +0000, Dr. Matthias St. Pierre wrote:
> > So do you guys use the ghmerge script or own procedures?  I'm curious.
>
> At the beginnning, I tried to use ghmerge but it was not flexible
> enough for my needs. In particular, it only gives me the choice
> between squashing everything or leaving everything as it is. Most
> notably, it does not support partial squashing by interactive
> rebasing. Or alternatively: pausing + letting me fix something +
> resuming. What I also dislike is that it uses a lot of GitHub API

Sorry for partially hijacking the thread, but this reminds me that
several people have started using the "git commit --fixup" tooling,
which is in general helpful for the reviewer (to know what the
squashing intention is).

But I am curious if we currently do and/or should have a commit hook
on git.openssl.org to reject commits that start with "!fixup".

-Ben