[openssl-project] Release Criteria Update

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Fri Sep 7 00:51:52 UTC 2018

I think this one should be part of the lot as well:

ASN.1 DER: Make INT32 / INT64 types read badly encoded LONG zeroes

For example, *all* two-prime RSA keys from pre-1.1.1 become unreadable
in 1.1.1, because pre-1.1.1 encodes the version indicator (zero) as
02 00 (zero length INTEGER, which is invalid) instead of 02 01 00
(proper zero).  That's simply because the internal version number was
changed from a LONG (custom ASN.1 type, mapping to a C long) to a INT32
(new custom ASN.1 type, mapping to a C int32).
(no, we don't want to go back to using LONG)