[openssl-project] Current priorities

Kurt Roeckx kurt at roeckx.be
Tue Sep 18 18:06:12 UTC 2018

Hi,

Now that 1.1.1 is released, and before everybody starts to work on
new features, I would like to suggest that we work on reducing the
number of open pull requests and issues.

Fixing issues that are regressions in the 1.1.1 version is
something we really should be doing, and I think that should
currently be our top priority. We should probably also do a new
release after a month or something.

The open PRs were around 100 when 1.1.0 was released, and have
been around 120 for a very long time, but the last few months it has
grown to around 150. I guess we have some that are waiting because
they are new features that didn't go in 1.1.1. But I would like to
get the number of open PRs to around 100, but even lower is of
course even better.

I guess the open issues are also also growing, but I don't have
any numbers for that.

Kurt