Late Monthly Status Report (August 2019)

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Sat Dec 28 11:04:17 UTC 2019

Apart from normal business, such as normal reviews, OMC business,
normal system administration tasks, small fixes, etc., key activities
this month:

* Development

  - Configurations/unix-Makefile.tmpl: Don't clean away dotted files
    (PR openssl/openssl#9573)
  - Add text to OSSL_PARAM constructors
    (PR openssl/openssl#9303)
  - Rework EVP_MD support, enhance existing functions
    (PR openssl/openssl#9391)
  - Enhance param handling with param type descriptors
    (PR openssl/openssl#9576)
  - Rename provider and core get_param_types functions
    (PR openssl/openssl#9591)
  - Move all MACs to the providers
    (PR openssl/openssl#8877)
  - Rename ctx_{get,set}_params to {get,set}_ctx_params
    (PR openssl/openssl#9612)
  - Windows UWP builds: determine automatically if asm should be disabled
    (PR openssl/openssl#9440)
  - Untangle / retangle opensslv.h, openssslconf.h and macros.h
    (PR openssl/openssl#9626)
  - Use macros internally for algorithm names
    (PR openssl/openssl#9635)
  - Modify ossl_method_store_add() to accept an OSSL_PROVIDER and check for it
    (PR openssl/openssl#9650)
  - Configure: Allow 'DEFINE[]=def'
    crypto/bn/build.info: define OPENSL_IA32_SSE2 globally when needed
    (PR openssl/openssl#9679)
  - Clean up MAC implementations
    (PR openssl/openssl#9667)
  - testing: set OPENSSL_MODULES to the providers directory by default
    (PR openssl/openssl#9618)
  - OPENSSL_info(): add the item OPENSSL_INFO_SEED_SOURCE and use it
    (PR openssl/openssl#9689)
  - openssl provider: New sub-command, for provider discovery
    (PR openssl/openssl#9697)
  - [not yet merged] When building of modules is disabled, build the legacy
    provider into libcrypto
    (PR openssl/openssl#9637)

* System administration

  - Installed and set up internal github EE instance
  - Fixed letsencrypt issues with our gitlab instance
  - Modernized our apache config template usage

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org