[openssl-project] inline functions

Dr Paul Dale paul.dale at oracle.com
Mon Jan 28 05:17:35 UTC 2019

Richard wrote:

> Not really, since they are static inline. This is by design, that for any file you want to use a safestack in, you just start with a DEFINE_ line. The mistake we did was to leave a few common ones in the safestack header file. (same thing for lhash)

Which means we’ve a compatibility issue.  The functions are in a public header, they can be used by any application.  We need to continue supporting such use.
Asking a user to add a DEFINE_ line is API breaking.

I would be pro making such a change but we’d need to accept the consequences.

Pauli
--
Dr Paul Dale | Cryptographer | Network Security & Encryption
Phone +61 7 3031 7217