OSSL_PARAM thought

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Tue Jul 2 13:36:14 UTC 2019

This was actually discussed in the design phase, and I think we
concluded that all arrays of this sort should be terminated rather
than counted.  I frankly cannot remember what the reasoning was behind
this, and suspect it came down to personal taste.

However, whatever way we choose should be a consistent pattern.  The
worst we can do is to have some arrays counted while having others
terminated with a special value.  That's a recipe for confusion.

(I'll note, though, that some arrays must be counted because there is
no special terminating value to be had.  As far as I can recall,
though, this is uniquely for arrays of bytes)

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org