AW: Cleaning up include file inconsistencies
Dr. Matthias St. Pierre
Matthias.St.Pierre at ncp-e.com
Sat Jul 6 09:50:48 UTC 2019
There are more oddities in the organization of the internal header files.
1) It appears to me that there are three different levels of internal header files
- headers in `include/internal`
- headers in `crypto/include/internal`
- headers in `crypto/<package>` along with the source files
Having such a finegrained distinction is not the problem, but (at least to me)
it is not entirely clear which include file goes into which directory.
2) Some of the header files carry an `_int.h` suffix while others not,
for seemingly no particular reason.
~/src/openssl$ find -name '*_int.h'
In particular for the headers the `include/internal` folder this suffix
is superfluous, because these files are (or should be) included via
relative paths. So instead of
It could just be
More information about the openssl-project