Thread sanitiser problems

Matthias St. Pierre Matthias.St.Pierre at ncp-e.com
Tue Jul 30 10:41:16 UTC 2019

On 30.07.19 11:59, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 12:42:33PM +1000, Dr Paul Dale wrote:
>> Overly simplified, the problem boils down to the CTR DRBG needing an AES CTR cipher context to work.  When creating the former, a recursive call is made to get the latter.
> I'm not sure what you mean with "CTR" both times.
>
> Are you saying that an AES requires a DRBG now?

No. Pauli simply meant that the CTR DRBG utilizes an EVP_CIPHER_CTX for its internal implementation.
(The original FIPS 2.0 implementation was based on low level crypto calls, but that was changed by you
to EVP in commit

https://github.com/openssl/openssl/commit/dbdcc04f27db70ac71748eb595ce23c9733afbe7

for performance reasons.)

Matthias