OSSL_PARAMs

SHANE LONTIS shane.lontis at oracle.com
Tue Jun 4 06:30:35 UTC 2019

The controls are easier to understand and use currently.
The advantage of params is that you can batch them, so that the order no longer matters during setup (e.g- I need to set EVP_MD first).

The params are not being used in anger yet.
My main problem with the params is that no data is set into them - only pointers to the data blob.
I find this to be a confusing interface which hurts my (tiny) brain (especially with types like strings)
I would prefer base types (like int to just be embedded in the set data - even if that meant allocs are needed).
My concern is that is the end user is supposed to use what we have currently, there are going to be many issues.

Shane