VOTE Apply PR#9084 reverting DEVRANDOM_WAIT

Viktor Dukhovni openssl-users at dukhovni.org
Sat Jun 8 18:24:47 UTC 2019

> On Jun 8, 2019, at 6:18 AM, Kurt Roeckx <kurt at roeckx.be> wrote:
>
> And the people that make those platforms have no clue and
> no time to care about that. It works, ship it. If we don't
> make clear it's broken, it's not going to get fixed.

Yes, but not at the cost of collateral damage to properly designed
working code.  I can accept some performance degradation, but not
unbounded hangs.  Sometimes all we can do is try to educate, and if
that fails, shame those who don't follow best practice.

Eventually, the cheap unauditable junk will ship with a recent
kernel.

--
	Viktor.