punycode licensing

Tim Hudson tjh at openssl.org
Fri Jun 21 06:24:03 UTC 2019

Unfortunately, the issue isn't the compatibility of the license - they do
indeed look relatively compatible to me - and the discussion on this thread
has so far been about that.
However the contributor license agreement requires that the copyright owner
grants such permission - it is the fundamental basis of contributor
agreements.

Both the CCLA and ICLA make that exceedingly clear the contributor
(individual or company) is "*the copyright owner or legal entity authorized
by the copyright owner*" and the grants in the CLA are not grants that the
notice in the RFC provide.

In this case, the person who raised the PR is unable to meet those
requirements (please do correct me if I am wrong on that) and as such their
contribution is unable to be accepted.

Tim.