Issues and pull requests are largely getting ignored

Kurt Roeckx kurt at roeckx.be
Tue Mar 26 13:20:28 UTC 2019

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 09:53:22AM +0000, Matt Caswell wrote:

> So the real problem there is a mismatch between the opening rate and the closing
> rate, i.e. it is NOT that we are ignoring these issues. I see it more as a
> resource issue - we are seeing issues raised at a greater rate than we have
> resources to handle.

Or that the resources we do have are spend on the wrong thing.

> I can't do the same analysis for PRs because github doesn't detect properly when
> we merge PRs (because we don't use the github facility for doing that). I would
> expect to see somewhat similar numbers though.

The amount of open pull requests has been around 200 for the last
few months, so it seems we can just keep up with that currently,
but it used to be around 100.

So I think that in general we do not have enough resources to keep up
with both the pull requests and issues.

Kurt