proposed change to committers policy

Tim Hudson tjh at cryptsoft.com
Fri May 24 09:53:52 UTC 2019

On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 7:34 PM Matt Caswell <matt at openssl.org> wrote:

> On 24/05/2019 10:28, SHANE LONTIS wrote:
> > It doesn’t stop us both reviewing a PR. That doesn’t mean we both need
> to approve.
>
> Right...but in Matthias's version if you raise a PR, and then Pauli
> approves it,
> then you only then need to get a second committer approval. Otherwise you
> would
> need to get an OMC approval.

It works that way in the original wording too - which is more simply stated
IMHO.
You choose which approvals you combine. If there are three - select which
ever two make the set you want to "combine" as such.

I also didn't see a need for a separate OMC approval if a committer
submitted something and a same-organisation OMC member approved it - it
just needs one more -  so the combination of approvals can be made from
not-the-same-organisation.

Tim.