AW: proposed change to committers policy

Dr. Matthias St. Pierre Matthias.St.Pierre at ncp-e.com
Fri May 24 13:22:45 UTC 2019

> > IMHO an important clarification needs to be made: The rule should not be about
> > _prohibiting_ double approvals. It should only be about _counting_ them.
> > I would not deprive people of the right to state their opinions.
>
> Isn't that an implementation detail?

You're right, it should be. But current discussions and current practice show that Pauli
avoids to approve on GitHub when Shane is involved and vice versa. IMHO it should
be valid to approve (and also recorded in the commit message), even if the vote is not
counted. Because it documents that both have reviewed the code.

Matthias