AW: [openssl] OpenSSL_1_1_1-stable update

Matthias St. Pierre Matthias.St.Pierre at ncp-e.com
Fri May 24 15:45:46 UTC 2019

On 24.05.19 16:54, Richard Levitte wrote:
> On Fri, 24 May 2019 16:39:51 +0200,
> Matt Caswell wrote:
>>

>> On 24/05/2019 15:30, Richard Levitte wrote:
>>> Not in practice.  We *do* ask on the PR in question if it should be
>>> cherry-picked to 1.1.1 and seek approval for that action, but then it
>>> hasn't at all been clear what should happen regarding Received-By
>>> tags.
>>>
>>> I have personally never touched them when cherry-picking, even in this
>>> scenario.  I do not know what others do in that case...>

In principle I agree with Matt, his arguments are reasonable.
Maybe a compromise would be to allow the practice of asking
for an informal reconfirmation when cherry-pick tags were forgotten,
but only if one receives reconfirmation from _all_ original reviewers?
(Otherwise, the missing approvers need to be from the Reviewed-by list
and additional approvals would be needed).

Matthias