Monthly Status Report (October)

Matt Caswell matt at openssl.org
Tue Nov 5 17:06:10 UTC 2019

As well as normal reviews, responding to user queries, wiki user
requests, OMC business, handling security reports, etc., key activities
this month:

- Attended the OMC f2f, and committers f2f meetings in Nuremburg
- Fixed no-err
- Committed the provider support for Evp_Digest(Sign|Verify)
- Fixed an issue in EVP_DigestInit_ex where we were incorrectly
following the legacy path in certain circumstances
- Fixed EVP_CIPHER_CTX_block_size() for RC4
- Fixed no-autoerrinit
- Created an ongoing PR to correct some algorithm naming inconsistencies
- Fixed an issue to ensure we send bad_record_mac instead of
decryption_failed
- Reviewed more of the CMP contribution (chunks 5 and 6)
- Added support for calling EVP_DigestUpdate instead of
EVP_Digest(Sign|Verify)Update in 3.0
- Created PR to implement asymmetric cipher support in the providers
- Did some work looking at how to prevent the recurring SSL_SESSION
immutability issue
- Fixed an s_server arbitrary read on Windows
- Fixed error in the TLSv1.3 PSK documentation
- Fixed an in i2v_GENERAL_NAME and GENERAL_NAME_print which was causing
a fuzzing failure