QUIC support

Salz, Rich rsalz at akamai.com
Thu Feb 6 15:54:31 UTC 2020

A month ago Tim said[2] that PR 8797[1] requires on OMC decision on “whether or not QUIC in this manner of approach should be added into OpenSSL at this time.”

To save you a click, this PR adds API’s to OpenSSL so that Google’s open source QUIC implementation can be built on top of OpenSSL.  For more details, perhaps my comment [3] explains the situation best.

I am asking the OMC to come to call a vote on this *NOW*  I am CC’ing openssl-users so that the community can comment.

[1] https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/8797<https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/8797#issuecomment-571899829x>
[2] https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/8797#issuecomment-571899829
[3] https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/8797#issuecomment-485002590