AW: 3.0 release timeline proposal

Matt Caswell matt at openssl.org
Tue Jan 7 23:43:37 UTC 2020

On 07/01/2020 17:00, Brockhaus, Hendrik wrote:
> Hi Matt
>
> Currently David and Andreas are contributing the mpeylo/cmpossl code. We want to get the complete CMP code upstream OpenSSL v3.0 as soon as possible.
> Currently chunk 7 (https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/10620) is under review and chunk 8 is available as work-in-progress (https://github.com/mpeylo/cmpossl/pull/201).
> Special thanks go to you, Bend and all others in the project for your continuous review effort and discussion!!
>
> Regarding the release timeline I have two questions:
> What is the deadline for the last chunk to be merged?

If my proposed timeline is accepted then the final deadline would be the
beta1 release (2020-06-02). However it would be a good idea to target
one of the earlier alpha releases in order to gain the benefit of any
community feedback on the alpha releases that we might receive.

> The planning and current status on the contribution is available on https://github.com/mpeylo/cmpossl/wiki. Do you see this timeline as realistic?

It looks reasonable to me.

Matt