crypt(3)

Dr Paul Dale paul.dale at oracle.com
Sun Jan 19 01:45:07 UTC 2020

I meant “what default makes the most sense for the passwd command line application?”
It was crypt which is deprecated.  Should it be BSD’s MD5?  One of the SHA2 based algorithms?  Or should it produce an error if no algorithm is selected?

Pauli
--
Dr Paul Dale | Distinguished Architect | Cryptographic Foundations
Phone +61 7 3031 7217