API renaming

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Fri Jul 24 05:20:32 UTC 2020

A couple of points:

1.  Quite a while ago, we (the team at the time) made a decision to
    have all new APIs prefixed with 'OPENSSL_' or 'OSSL_'.  It seems
    that we never voted on it, though, but still.

2.  The new RAND API hasn't been merged yet, so it's not like we're
    renaming something that already exists.

So in terms of "it's just a prefix", OSSL_ would be just as suitable.
It's a bit more blatantly "OpenSSL", though.

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org