Monthly Status Report (May)

Matt Caswell matt at openssl.org
Thu Jun 11 14:20:18 UTC 2020

As well as normal reviews, responding to user queries, wiki user
requests, OMC business, handling security reports, etc., key activities
this month:

- Investigated a mysterious perl crash during Configure on some platforms
- Attended regular weekly dev team calls, and fortnightly FIPS sponsor calls
- Created PR to ensure we don't offer accept ciphersuites that we don't
support
- Continued work on PR to centralise environment variables in the tests
- Created PR to document some missing s_server options
- Completed PR fixing raw provider keys
- Published OpenSSL 1.0.2v for premium support customers
- Implemented stricter type discipline in the provider<->libcrypto interface
- Performed the OpenSSL 3.0 alpha 2 release
- Fixed the alignment calculation in ssl3_setup_write
- Continued review work on the CMP submission
- Fixed an issue where we were incorrectly falling back to legacy if a
fetch of the EVP_KEYMGMT failed.
- Deleted the redundant sslprovidertest
- Ensured that we check the availability of sigalgs before we offer or
accept them
- Removed some deliberate downgrading of keys in libssl
- Investigated and fixed issues in the CMAC implementation