Reducing the security bits for MD5 and SHA1 in TLS - OTC or OMC vote?

Dr. Matthias St. Pierre Matthias.St.Pierre at ncp-e.com
Wed May 27 14:46:32 UTC 2020

> I mean I am definitely not against having a vote if someone feels it
> should be done but if nobody requires it, I do not think it would be a
> violation of anything if this is merged without a vote.

Tomáš I dont't mind following your viewpoint at all, and if the OMC thinks
the same, that's fine. Also, I agree that an OTC/OMC discussion does not
automatically have to be resolved by an OTC/OMC vote.

Maybe my original post was a bit misleading. The main motivation behind it
was my impression that we tend to start many technical discussions with a
general discussion about whether it should be discussed/decided by the
OMC or the OTC.

Matthias