Introducing Paul Nelson

Paul Nelson nelsonlogic at icloud.com
Tue Nov 17 21:46:47 UTC 2020

I am very happy to join the OpenSSL community and to be working with so many talented developers. I understand what a valuable and necessary contribution you all have made and are making to the global world economy.

Before coming to OpenSSL, I was the chief technology officer at Thursby Software Systems.  My team developed a smart card application for iOS and Android for the US government and military. We used OpenSSL FIPS for these applications.  I am familiar with using OpenSSL as a developer and with public key encryption in general. Our solution for the US Navy Reserve was probably the first bring your own device (BYOD) project to obtain an authority to operate issued by the Navy Cyber command. OpenSSL was an invaluable part of that accomplishment!

That said, I plan to use my experience managing software development lifecycles, delivering quality products and managing customer expectations to add value to your hard work.

On the personal side, I live in Arlington Texas just west of Dallas. I enjoy driving my Jeep on the trails here in Texas. This is a recursive activity where you build the Jeep, drive it, break it and fix it.  Then do it all again for more fun. I am married with three grown children and quite a few grandchildren.

Paul Nelson