Project direction

Dr Paul Dale paul.dale at oracle.com
Thu Oct 29 23:43:13 UTC 2020

At the OTC call on Tuesday Tim raise a point about the future direction of the project.  I was tasked with bringing this to the OMC for consideration.

The question was should we design our APIs to ease the pain existing users of OpenSSL or should we be trying to attract new users.
The idea being that supporting existing users means not changing the existing API, whereas catering to new users means working towards a new fresh consistent API.

This is all in the context of function naming, argument ordering, cleanup for beta 1.

Pauli
--
Dr Paul Dale | Distinguished Architect | Cryptographic Foundations
Phone +61 7 3031 7217