Beta1 PR deadline

Dr. Matthias St. Pierre Matthias.St.Pierre at ncp-e.com
Fri Sep 11 18:08:47 UTC 2020

> > For a more accurate and timely public overview over the current state of the blockers,
> > it might be helpful to manage them via the 3.0.0  milestone
> >
> > https://github.com/openssl/openssl/milestone/15
> >
> > Some of the tickets listed below were already associated to the milestone, the others
> > were added by me now.
>
> I think the 3.0.0 milestone is what we expect to be in the
> 3.0.0 release, not the beta release. That is bug fixes don't need
> to be in the beta release, but if it adds new functionallity it
> needs to be in the beta release.

I was aware of this subtlety but I thought that we just could (ab-)use the milestone for
the beta1 release and reuse it later for the final release, instead of creating a new milestone.

Practically all of the relevant PRs are associated to the [3.0 New Core + FIPS] GitHub Project
anyway, so it would be possible to remove the post-beta PRs from the milestone and restore
them later.  (In my mind, I see project managers running away screeming...)

Matthias

[3.0 New Core + FIPS]:  https://github.com/openssl/openssl/projects/2