Reordering new API's that have a libctx, propq

Matt Caswell matt at openssl.org
Mon Sep 14 11:46:39 UTC 2020

On 14/09/2020 11:30, Matt Caswell wrote:
> In order to try and move this discussion forward I have made a concrete
> proposal for how we should formulate the various ideas in this thread
> into an actual style. Please see here:
>
> https://github.com/openssl/web/pull/194
>
> Since we're not yet fully in agreement some compromises will have to be
> made. I hope I've come up with something which isn't too abhorrent to
> anyone.
>
> Please take a look.

I'm planning to gather feedback on this PR today - so if you have any
thoughts then please comment. I will post an updated version tomorrow
incorporating any feedback. I plan to start a vote on this later this
week (perhaps Wednesday).

Possibly I might do two votes: one for the proposed chapter 6.1, and one
for the proposed chapter 6.2.

Given the disagreements on this, I don't believe unanimous agreement is
going to be achievable. I hope to get it into a state where it is
acceptable to as many people as possible.

Matt