3.0 beta 1 milestone

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Fri Sep 18 07:26:46 UTC 2020

On Thu, 17 Sep 2020 15:57:52 +0200,
Tomas Mraz wrote:
> I do not think the milestone should include nice-to-have items.

Another view is that beta 1 is feature freeze.  If those nice to have
items are characterized as new features, then it makes sense to have
them included in the beta 1 milestone if we want them for 3.0.0.
Otherwise, we will have to put them on the waiting list for after
3.0.0.

If they are not characterized as new features, that is a different
matter, of course.  The conclusion is that we will have to take some
time (I assume that'll be quick in most cases) thinking how we
characterize certain PRs before beta 1 is released.

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org