3.0 beta 1 milestone

Matt Caswell matt at openssl.org
Fri Sep 18 07:58:14 UTC 2020

On 18/09/2020 08:26, Richard Levitte wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Sep 2020 15:57:52 +0200,
> Tomas Mraz wrote:
>> I do not think the milestone should include nice-to-have items.
>
> Another view is that beta 1 is feature freeze.  If those nice to have
> items are characterized as new features, then it makes sense to have
> them included in the beta 1 milestone if we want them for 3.0.0.
> Otherwise, we will have to put them on the waiting list for after
> 3.0.0.

Not every feature that someone dreams up and creates a PR for should
mean we have to hold 3.0 beta 1 until it goes in. There are features
that are required, and features that are nice-to-have. If nice-to-have
features don't reach approval in time, then they should be dropped from
3.0, and wait for 3.1 instead.

Matt