Monthly Status Report (June)

Matt Caswell matt at openssl.org
Fri Jul 2 14:40:20 UTC 2021

As well as normal reviews, responding to user queries, wiki user
requests, OMC business, support customer issues, CLA submissions,
handling security reports, etc., key activities this month:

- PR to make the ASN.1 code libctx aware
- PR to teach ASN1_item_verify_ctx() how to handle provided keys
- Fixed dtls1_handle_timeout() to only call dtls1_start_timer() once
- Implemented fix for name constraints to check we got the type that we
were expecting
- Fixed the generate_ssl_tests.pl script so that it be run standalone
- Added a generic SubjectPublicKeyInfo decoder that works out the type
of key that is contained inside it and calls the appropriate decoder to
finish the decoding.
- Add up calls for some OBJ_* functions
- Fixed clean up code so that encoder/decoder/loader stores are cleaned
before the provider store
- Wrote and published the beta1 blog post
- Performed the beta1 release
- Fix to ensure we remove libctx DRBG state before removing the provider
store
- Refactored the provider initialisation code so that no locks are held
during init
- Implemented fix to avoid an "excessive message size" error for large
session ticket messages
- Fixed the release script to ensure ordinals are created
- Investigated and fixed various build errors with mingw