Monthly Status Report (January 2022)

Tomas Mraz tomas at openssl.org
Tue Feb 1 17:35:41 UTC 2022

My key activities this month were:

- triage of newly reported issues, investigating bugs, and responding
  to questions
- participation on the OTC meetings
- cooperation with Mark and Tim on job interviews with candidates,
  scheduling things, etc.

- reviews of various PRs:
  - I've reviewed about 70 PRs this month
  - Notable PRs reviewed:
    - OSSL_STORE: Prevent spurious error during loading private keys
#15283
    - Fix CMP mock server w.r.t. use of reference certificate for KUR
and RR #16050
    - Fix malloc failure handling of X509_ALGOR_set0() #16251
    - property: use a stack to efficiently convert index to string
#17325
    - Fix Decoder, Encoder and Store loader fetching #17459
    - Fix invalid malloc failures in PEM_write_bio_PKCS8PrivateKey*()
#17507

- submitted 15 PRs:
  - In particular:
    - Check that we imported a key when using EVP_PKEY_fromdata with
EVP_PKEY_KEYPAIR #17408
    - EVP_PKEY_fromdata(): Do not return newly allocated pkey on
failure #17411
    - EVP_PKEY_derive_set_peer_ex: Export the peer key to proper
keymgmt #17425
    - Properly return error on EVP_PKEY_CTX_set_dh_nid and
EVP_PKEY_CTX_set_dhx_rfc5114 #17498
    - store_result: Add fallback for fetching the keymgmt from the
store provider #17554

--
Tomáš Mráz, OpenSSL