OMC vote: FIPS rebranding periodicity
Dr Paul Dale
pauli at openssl.org
Sun Feb 26 22:16:12 UTC 2023
Topic: Premium support customers get one zero cost FIPS re-brand per year.
Comment: * Existing FIPS validations can be re-branded. Pending and future
validations cannot be re-branded until after the certificate
* The old FOM for OpenSSL 1.0.2 cannot be re-branded.
* Re-brands cannot be banked. If one isn't used in any
year, it is lost.
* A re-brand that spans contract renewal counts against the
year the process began (i.e. the earlier year).
* Premium support customers must have premium support both at
the time of initiating the re-brand and when it concluded.
* The year is defined by the beginning and renewal of the
A contract starting or renewing on the 1st of May means the
year runs 1st of May through 30th of April inclusive.
More information about the openssl-project