[openssl-users] Strange SSL_read behavior

Hooman Fazaeli hoomanfazaeli at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 09:36:28 EST 2014

Hi,

I have two (unrelated) questions and would appreciate if anybody
provides some answers:

1. The SSL_read in my http server app always reads the first byte of
    http request, instead of the whole. To read the rest, I should do
    further SSL_reads:

     while (SSL_read(...) > 0)
            copy read data to request buffer;

    I have seen this pattern with firefox, IE and opera as client.

    I know that openssl has received the whole request record because I
    do not write any data to the read bio of the SSL object between
    SSL_read calls in the loop.

    So, the question is, why SSL_read does not return all the data in
    the first call?

2. Is there any patch around to add support of custom TLS extensions to 1.0.1j?

--
Best regards
Hooman Fazaeli