[openssl-users] Call for HP Proliant wizard

Steve Marquess marquess at openssl.com
Mon Dec 15 18:41:48 UTC 2014

We've had some reliability and performance issues with the systems
running various OpenSSL related services (www, git, E-mail, etc.).
Earlier this year we purchased a shiny new high-dollar (for us!) HP
DL360 server that is running in Munich (hosting courtesy of SpaceNet
AG). We've been moving services to that system in fits and starts as
time and distractions permit, most recently E-mail services.

Alas we're experiencing an apparent hardware issue (critical but
otherwise unspecified "BIOS/Hardware Health" failure) that has twice
crashed that system. Not good for our plan to use that hardware to
support all OpenSSL services.

We have the extra cost support from HP ("Care Pack"), but that is
turning out to be of limited value in resolving an issue with no
immediately obvious "smoking gun" symptoms. None of us here are very
familiar with the formidable jungle of HP acronyms, jargon, and
proprietary tools.

I know there are a lot of amazingly experienced people in the OpenSSL
community and following this list. If you're familiar with the HP Proliant
ecosystem (and the likes of "iLO 4", "Active Health System", "SPP") and
would be willing to do a little hand-holding then please drop me a line.

-Steve M.

--
Steve Marquess
OpenSSL Software Foundation, Inc.