[openssl-users] OpenSSL Release Strategy and Blog

Ken Goldman kgoldman at us.ibm.com
Wed Dec 24 20:01:10 UTC 2014

> Version 1.1.0 will (moderately) break source compatibility (for example we will make most structures opaque etc).

I as a user, I have two points of concern"

1 - Will the RSA structure be opaque?  I have a continuing need to
construct an RSA structure from binary arrays of public and private key
parts and vice versa.

Will I lose that?

2 - The SHA contexts are already opaque, but I have to cheat and look
into them anyway.  The use case is "live migration."  I have a hash
operation in progress, and I have to serialize the context to move to
another machine.

Any alternative to looking into the structure?