[openssl-users] Remove Anchor

Peter Fraser petros.fraser at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 15:26:09 UTC 2014

Hi All
Please let me know if I am posting to the correct list. I set up a reverse
proxy for my website using nginx and I had to export the certificate from
my web server to put on the proxy. On windows I exported the certs to a
.pfx file. On my Unix box, I used the command below to export all the certs
to a file. Then I manually removed the private key.

*openssl pkcs12 -in <file_name.pfx> -out outputfile.txt –nodes*

Afterwards when I ran a test against it using ssllabs it said that my cert
contained an anchor. Does anyone know how to remove this anchor and leave
only the necessary certs for my proxy to use?

Regards